Monday 2 February 2015

Parlez-vous Franglais?

'Franglais' is my dad's term for that curious mix of French and English we always managed to get by on whenever we headed across the Channel, so seemed appropriate for my next outfit - a French-inspired look in British brands.


Stripes are a trend set to continue into spring and summer and while it may not be the most adventurous example, I think this New Look bardot top is a perfect staple - it's thick jersey fabric with a good degree of stretch, and a nice on-the-hip length. New Look seem to have loads of striped basics at the moment; I'm tempted by the bardot-top minidress but I'd have to try it on to ensure it wasn't too mini for me!


 Cobalt Blue makes a bold pairing whatever you put it with - personally I favour a coral pink or crisp white shirt, but these Red Herring jeans are so versatile and I've worn them easily two or three times a month since I bought them last spring. It doesn't look like they make them anymore, sadly, but Asos have plenty of options and I rather like the look of this Evans blue skinny jean. Jeans are the one thing I never mail order as I'm really fussy about the fit on my hips and the length, especially if they're a bright colour and there's nowhere to hide!


Accessories above are a soft beige vintage 50s handbag that I got from a fair last year, black cat-eyes style sunglasses (which have never really suited me but I will eventually find some that work), and a multi-chain pendant necklace from Accessorize in soft gold.


 If I want to give this outfit a bit more punch I reach for orange which is of course blue's complementary colour, plus I have sunglasses with blue on the frame that tie it all together. I've kept the shoes a neutral colour and low heel; these are a StylistPick pair and they go with probably 50% of my wardrobe!

So this is my Franglais spring outfit - what clothes are you getting out when the frost finally disappears?





1 comment: